Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just curious...

I have just looked through more than 11 pages of articles about the "Occupy Wall Street" effort going on across the country (but mainly in NY)... and I can't find ONE thing about what these people hope to gain from their efforts.

Does anyone know what the agenda is with this "protest"? Because, as far as I can see, this is a protest purely for the sake of protesting.

I see images of "hammer and sickle" flags, but I read and watch videos of speeches that declare communism "utterly dead and justly so"... so what do they want to replace the free market system with? If capitalism is so bad... what do we replace it with? I see people calling for dialogue and tolerance in debate... and calling defenders of the traditional American lifestyle as "tyrannical Christian zealots" and "fascist warmongers" and much, much worse.

This is the Left's counter to the Tea Party movement? A pointless, angry mob ranting for days in public about what they don't like, while offering no alternative ideas or opposing points of view?

Enjoy the weather, kids... looks like rain later in the week.

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

Actually, I think you got the jist quite acurately - a pointless, aimless, angry mob. I have seen/heard numerous interviews, at least a half dozen, and not one person could explain a single - forget cohesive - a SINGLE reason for the protests... Although I did hear a report in which single guys are joining the crowd hoping to score with these protesting young girls.

In truth I think some of the organizers - SEIU, WF (Working Families, the new name of ACORN) whom have put together free food, etc - hope to produce just that, chaos, so a "strong" Obama can step in and quail the madness. That theory seems to make as much sense as any.

One thing's crystal clear here though: there is zero comparison to the Tea Party.