Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My thoughts....

I haven't posted in ages... I know.

I've been watching the national news quite closely, and I have to admit that at no point in my adult past have I been SO disgusted with the government.  Republican and Democrat alike are as useless as tits on a boar pig, each and every one of them.

As the shutdown, the Ed Snowden scandal, the IRS debacle, the latest DEA disaster all unfold before us, I am rapidly... and possibly irrevocably... losing all hope for finding a functional solution to this nation's woes.

I mean, honestly.  The government of this country has been gathering phone and communication records on any (and possibly ALL) of us (probably illegally, certainly unethically) since 1987... and all we are worried about as a nation is national park access and EBT balance availability?  A sitting President gets flack for demanding that Federal employees working in the public sector do ALL THEY CAN to make the "shutdown" as painful and visible as possible... but every President since Reagan has known about warrant-less record grabbing by the DEA (that's five Presidents over twenty six years, people) and that is dismissed as "paranoia from the alternative media"???

I don't know what to say... I'm so utterly disgusted I can't even keep typing.

No comments: