Thursday, December 27, 2012

The greatest Christmas gift... mark two

Last year I raved about my Kindle as the greatest gift I'd gotten outside of my family.

This year, I experienced the Kindle Fire.

I don't have one, mind you.  I wasn't good enough this last year to warrant such a gift, but helping my 10-year-old set HIS up has shown me what a tool it is.  Surfing the net, running countless apps, reading books, watching videos, listening to music... there is almost nothing this thing can't do!

With the busiest part of this silly season over, I can now tell all that I had a wonderful Christmas!  I did get what I asked for (slippers, Amazon card (which equals books) and a tin of flavored popcorn) with the added bonus of once again seeing my family gathered together on the floor of our old, drafty house opening dozens of packages and squealing with glee.  It was a great, if a bit early, Christmas day.  The only dark spot was that I had to work... but that means I got to have Jake's birthday off, and it was just me and him all day today.  We worked outside removing the mountains of snow we got last night, romped with the dog a bit, came in to warm up and have hot chocolate, opened his presents, set up his Kindle, played a game, watched a movie... and we still have the evening to go.

Now, all the kids are back, and Liz is only minutes away from home, having left work.

I do hope everyone's Christmas was a good as mine, but I know it wasn't any better.

God bless us, every one!

No comments: