Saturday, May 25, 2013

My next "small step"...

My "small step"?  Getting a new phone from the kids on my birthday.  (Yes, I'm a year older... no big deal.)

My "Giant leap"?  It's my first smart phone.

Yesterday I got my first iPhone.  Its an iPhone 4, not the latest and greatest, but a nice phone and my first.  I won't bore you with the experience of getting to know the device... I'm sure all of you have experienced it already (probably years ago).

I wanted to share just one aspect of the experience with you:  podcasts.

I've never owned an iPod, and never utilized the mp3-feature on my past phones.  I've seen a few podcasts online, but most were oriented solely towards fantasy football... very limited, in other words.

Yesterday, I discovered the wealth of material floating around out there as "podcasts" and I wanted to recommend one in particular.

Dan Carlin.

I've gotten a couple of episodes of his "Hardcore History" down already... and it is wildly entertaining!  He does a "Common Sense" theme about American current events, and I'm sure they are just as good.  Please, check him out and see what you think.  I have a sneaking suspicion that his thoughts and comments will spark more than one discussion here at the Bund.

No comments: