Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Romney will be the nominee ...

This is becoming clear to me. He is just devastatingly lethal in these debates. The man is a born and bred CEO. He just doesn't make mistakes.

I caught parts of the CNBC debate tonight, and immediately at its' conclusion I got a call for a push button poll (happening nightly around this time I might add), this one from Ron Paul.

Look, I prefer a more conservative candidate than Romney. This is a general complaint, I understand, but in my gut I'm just not sure behind closed doors I can trust him not to pull a George H. Bush. But at this point all Romney has to do is not lose, just survive. Cain is a contender, and he held his own in tonights's debate, but he's getting crushed as now the 4th woman is coming forward with sex allegations. Shockingly the Left of the 1990's suddenly cares about such behavior. More disconcerting to me is his bizarre take on abortion. He seems to be for it before he was against it, and it's a personal choice government should make illegal - ya, got it Cain, thanks, the Ramstein goes in the doohickey to help the thingamajig. I was sorely dissapointed with that issue after the promising start of 9-9-9. And the nearest challenger after Cain, Perry, effectively ended his primary campaign tonight. If you haven't heard I'm sure it will make the chattering class rounds tomorrow. He was in a dust up with Ron Paul over what government departments/agencies he would do away with. First off, don't try to out cut Ron Paul. He will always see your number and raise. He'll cut things you didn't know existed. It'll be him and two volunteer park rangers by the time he's done. At any rate, as I said, Perry was in a dust up with Ron Paul and he says, "There are three agencies of government that when I get there are gone, Commerce, Education, and ..." He just stood there, mouth gaping for what seemed like an eternity. Then he asked himself, out loud, "what was the third?" Again followed by a few moments of mouth gaping, body cringing uncomfortableness. Then Ron Paul says, "you can't name the third?" And in an attempt to make himself recall, Perry started over saying, "The three I'd cut are Commerce, Education, and ..." Again nothing, that engine just wouldn't turn over.

The incident couldn't of ended worse. Finally, and I don't know if it was murder or a mercy kill, but a voice pipes in and says, "EPA?" Perry responds, "Yes, thank you, EPA." Guess who the off camera voice was? If you guessed Romney, you win the prize ... which is more than Perry will win in Iowa.

No comments: