Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bravo!

The "Dripping..." post was one of your best, my friend... no question. Good enough to be published as an op-ed if you so chose, in fact. Well done.

There isn't much I can add to what you've said, so I won't try.

Richter called this morning... his first call since the election. No gloating, mind you... he was just reaching out to ask about life and happiness. We didn't get to talk for a long time, but I got enough out of him to know that he feels Obama is doing a "great job". I also got enough out of him to know he can't give a specific example of a policy or action that the President has taken that has shown itself to "work" at all... not even one.

This convinces me (AGAIN) that the only thing conservatives and rational-thinking people every need to do to combat the idiocy of contemporary American politics is provide clear, objective evidence of what WORKS and what DOESN'T WORK.

For example, whenever someone tells me that the Federal bailouts are WORKING, I ask for evidence that they are working. I define "working" as a policy that ensures that failing businesses come away from their failures stronger, better, and far less likely to fail in the future. This cannot be done now with anything like certainty... thus they cannot be successful policies.

If someone tells me that the trillions of dollars spent in the first 100 days constitute a WORKING policy, I ask for evidence that the fiscal policies are working. None can be presented with any objective honesty, so that effectively kills that argument, as well.

What too few conservatives (in the media or otherwise) ARE doing is presenting effective, objective evidence that there are REAL alternatives to the current policies and what the benefits of those policies are.

How do we fix this?

No comments: