Saturday, June 13, 2009

The saddest thing is that we are not deaf but mute

My wife and I were talking this morning about the state of things...good, bad, right, wrong and indifferent and she mentioned that she had watched a story about the Dixie Chicks and how they still haven't recovered from Natalies statements in England. It doesn't bother me that she still has to suffer from airing out our dirty laundry overseas but one observation I did make was that the POTUS has been doing that since he took office. Well one thing lead to another and I think I may have come up with another observation that just makes me want to weep. The liberals in Hollywood have no problem speaking up about what they believe is wrong with government but the Hollywood conservatives are silent. Where are those voices? I think they are scared to speak their mind for fear they will be blacklisted. Are we in a new era of Mcarthyism (SP?)? Is having a different view than that of the liberal media and government so bad that we have to worry if we can keep our jobs of live in our current neighborhoods withour fear of liberal retribution. Since when did having traditional Christian Conservative values make you the bad guy. Why do I, living in South Mississippi have to live my life by the misguided values of people living in San Francisco, NYC, Portland or Chicago?

When are the conservatives with the stage to speak to large numbers going to start speaking up and saying what they think. When are they going to start helping level the playing field. I don't like the idea that tv and radio personalities have decided to chime in but it is so lopsided that there really is no other side of the story being told.

Just my 2 cents
Baddboy

No comments: