Saturday, September 26, 2009

I couldn't agree more ...

I too have taken that journey of believing opposition politics was a means to an end all its own. In the late 90's through the early 2000's I would have never envisioned banging away key stroke after key stroke condemning nearly (if not over) 50% of the GOP's actions & policies.

I keep telling myself that if history is a guide which illuminates the gargantuan mistakes Obama & Co. are making (and it is, as you just well pointed out in succinct rapid fire succession), then I should find some comfort in knowing that 4 years of Carter caused we as a nation to return to those fundamental principles that made us great, manifested in 8 years of Reagan.

I tell myself that, but then I turn on the news and cringe for even with the "containment" possible with the 2010 elections, the potential for damage with AT LEAST 3 years left before a core course correction can even be attempted causes the comfort of that historical guide to be sorely challenged.

I DO know this ... we can not simply depend on "history" to manifest that cycle back to core principles. We must act, vote, and peacefully assemble & protest be it electronically or in person. Thankfully my fellow Americans are beginning to do just that, and that can NOT be ignored indefinitely; and in doing so even in the short term the administration only helps to further our cause.

Ok ... now I feel a little better, I just have to avoid the news the rest of the day ... hehe.

No comments: