Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yesterday...

I haven't been to the Bund in a while, but not for lack of things to say.

Work has had me running around like crazy for nearly two weeks, and yesterday I was taking one of my Supervisors to a leadership seminar at the local arena. Zig Ziglar, Rev. Robert Schuller, Krish Dhanam... a parade of inspirational speakers and successful instructors.

However, it was the 40 minutes that Rudi Giuliani spoke that impressed me the most. I'm telling you, it wasn't until I heard him, and got to see him up-close, that I really got to appreciate the mistake that the GOP made in not backing him more for the Republican nomination. The man is more than elloquent, he is truly inspiring. He is personable, funny, direct, and doesn't not pander to his audience. I can't explain how I am convinced of this, but I am... from just listening to him for 40 minutes.

This man would have been more than a match for Obama during the run up to November... I am now convinced of this.

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

Very cool, getting to see/hear Guliani up close. I hear he's looking to run for governor of NY, and with Patterson's ratings being below 30% on the heels of the Spitzer prostitute fiasco, I'd wager he will win. And that of course would be an ideal spot to launch a future presidential bid from ... so, you certainly haven't seen the last of him on the national stage.

Vry neat stuff bro.