Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Breaking news...

The Bund's unofficial "pub-partner" Mick Cronin has won his seat on the school board!

While at the polls yesterday, I noticed that I had the option to elect two school board members, but only two were listed as my choices (both Dems), so it seemed a foregone conclusion right from the start... but I hope Mick takes heart from the fact that he won the majority of votes ANYWAY! Not sure who would vote for only ONE when you could vote for both... but Mick took the lion's share.

Speaking of Mick... he took me out to ease the pain of my jobless state the other night to a little local watering hole by the lake (where we could drink AND smoke!). The last time we were there, he was talking with me about arranging a trip to Ireland so that his brother could meet me. He seems to think that his younger brother would enjoy the discussions and debates we seem to bring with us where ever we go. Well, knowing that my ability to travel had been seriously curtailed by my newly impoverished state of being, he and his brother decided that it would work best if the brother came to the US... and that is what was arranged on the phone while I sat nursing my pint.

So, if there is going to be a Bund-style reunion in 2009, it needs to be HERE in NEPA and it needs to happen as close to Christmas as possible, so that we can deliver all the fun and entertainment that Mick has promised his brother. Let's face it... you guys work, I'm jobless... you are coming here.

No comments: