Saturday, November 14, 2009

On KSM's trial...

I can't argue with anything you've written, but I wonder if you missed a small point... one that has been bugging me all night.

I went back and read up on KSM by looking through old articles and essays online, and I found it amazing that this entire trial need never happen under US laws at all. KSM was indicted quite some time ago, you see... and he has openly, in the presence of legal representation, and understanding fully what it meant, confessed to his role in planning and carrying out the 9-11 attacks! For reasons only he can understand fully, he has confessed and wants to be executed for the crimes he has been charged with.

So, knowing that no trial need take place with that kind of confession on the books, what is the reasoning for the trial in the first place?

My opinion is that Obama/Holder want this trial in a civilian court in order to convict George W. Bush, Richard Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld... not a confessed mass murderer like KSM. They want the world to know KSM wasn't read his rights, that he was waterboarded, that he was "aggressively interrogated" by his keepers at GITMO. They don't need to present evidence of crimes when the man WANTS to be found guilty... he's proud of what he's done and is convinced his salvation awaits once he's executed.

Honestly, Ryan can ask me for proof or evidence of my suspicions, and I would have to say that I have none... but this is one of those times where I am utterly convinced that what I suspect is the facts. I'd love to be able to chalk this up to one more bad decision by the Administration, but there are no "up sides" to this sort of circus if I trust that Obama/Holder aren't simply playing one more "I hate Bush" card.

Sorry, I'm convinced that this entire "trial" is a way for the liberals in power to indict and convict the ENTIRE War on Terror as just another piece of bad policy from Bush and Co.

No comments: