Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guards, Tackles & Defensive Ends

5  years ago when I began coaching football I got a call from my little brother, who - like any little brother would - had a sarcastic question for me. "What the hell do you know about football?" I answered him that while I knew next to nothing (& I still can't keep straight who's in the AFC versus the NFC), there was one area in which I could not be bested - homework.

Now, I don't think mounds of homework or amateur analysis is needed to understand the following record. If you take the field the first game and you lose 97-0, you might want to rethink your strategy. If in the second game you lose 414-0, no one else in the league will take you seriously. If on the third game you lose again, this time 99-0, I think perhaps the team owner is examining your caching contract to see just how the hell he can get rid of you.

As a nation, we haven't had a federal budget in three years. Not ONE. The above "scores" are the voting tallies of President Obama's budget proposals to congress, the latest coming just this week. Those of you who still support this president, please explain to me, on what level is this man not an absolute failure?

No comments: