Saturday, May 19, 2012

My son...

Jacob, my nine-year-old, has a science project due on Monday.  In typical Foster-house fashion, he has put off working on this project until the weekend before it is due.

The premise of his project is to find out what the burn rate of a candle is based on its temperature.  We will freeze two candles, put two in the fridge, and leave two at room temperature.  We will then burn all six to find the average burn rate of each of the variable components.

The reason for my post is that the child is typing like a pro, that he recognizes when words are misspelled or when grammar is lacking, and that he is actually excited about doing the written portion of his work.  It never ceases to amaze me how smart this boy really is... and just how capable he is when he puts his mind to his efforts.

Now if I could only make him behave like a normal human being the other 95% of his life... our life would be complete.

No comments: