Sunday, May 13, 2012

Many thanks!

My Bund Brother, F. Ryan, sent me a bust of FDR as a gift.  He compared it to the Resolute Desk, which was a gift from Victoria to Hayes in 1880 to show the goodwill and friendship between the two nations.

The bust (which is actually quite nice... not so big to be a hassle, not too small as to be insignificant) is now displayed on the shelf immediately above my head as I type this.  While I failed to show why I feel he is one of America's "great" Presidents, no one can deny that he is one of the most influential men to ever hold the office, and he is certainly one of the greatest war-time leaders the world has ever seen.  If Ryan can't bring himself to display the bust with the other five in the set... then I will let the man's image stand here instead.

The gift is accepted with grace and thanks, and no hard feelings exist in regards to the debates that have raged in the man's name over the last 10 years.

No comments: