Sunday, May 13, 2012

Douglas is STILL waiting on that bust of Diolcetian from Lincoln...

That was quick! Funny enough, I went into the wildly convenient 24/7 post office (inside of a mini mart gas station), only to discover that the "meter" (a highly technical term, they didn't care to elaborate) was broken. Hence, they slathered my little box with so many stamps ($5 worth) that it looked to me like something Henry Jones would send to Indy from the lost city of Petra.

At any rate, glad you like it. Just for the record, I have had it displayed with the other busts for some years now (although, admittedly in the rear of the formation). However, it's like having a pet that wants to run and run and here I am in an apartment while Titus has those wide open fields. In other words, I knew you would give it a much better home, and I thought it a fitting tribute to our longest debate to date.

Happy Mother's Day to all our better halves!

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

WOW... only took me three days to realize I wrote "Buchanan", whom Lincoln succeded but did not run against (not to mention did not engage in a series of America's most famous freaking debates with). I must be getting old, oy.