Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Here's irony for you...

Remember my rant about the 2nd Amendment? Recall all my musings brought about by listening to too much "conservative talk" on my Sirius Radio?

Well, last night I got the radio stolen when my truck got broken into in my own driveway.

That's right. I blame myself in as much as I didn't lock the vehicle, but it pisses me off to no end to think someone went into my truck in my own driveway, and took NOTHING else but my Sirius receiver... not the antenna, not the CDs, not the DVD player in the back that the kids watch on long drives... just the radio.

It also pisses me off that the cops can do NOTHING about it. Makes no sense to even call, really... the radio isn't worth a quarter of my deductible, so no sense making the claim, and we all know that Warren vs Washington DC has shown that no Federal, state or local police is responsible for my safety or the safety of my property.

That means its up to me.

I may actually begin to rethink my position on having a LOADED firearm in the house... or at least some ammunition. In a clip, say... very near the gun, so that were the same thing to repeat, and I would become aware of someone stealing my property, I would have the chance... the opportunity... to use all available force to stop the theft from reaching completion.

I'll have to think on this...

3 comments:

Baddboy said...

Just so you know you can call Serius and give them the activation number, tell them that is was stolen and they can turn it off permanently which makes it useless.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that your radio was stolen. If you ever find out who the scumbag is give me a call, I'll come help you kneecap the bastard.

Baddboy said...

Just so you know you can call Serius and give them the activation number, tell them that is was stolen and they can turn it off permanently which makes it useless.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that your radio was stolen. If you ever find out who the scumbag is give me a call, I'll come help you kneecap the bastard.

Titus said...

Thanks for the offer of assistance, my friend. And rest assured, whoever stole that little piece of electronics got aobut 12 hours of listending time before it was cancelled and disabled... permanently.