Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas from out West ...

Hello all - Titus, sorry about your radio man. I keep the .357 loaded and have had extensive conversations and warnings with my sons to ensure an accident-free household. But alas, I have good news for you my dear friend. I hope you haven't purchased a replacement radio just yet. As luck would have it two years ago my dad bought me a Sirius radio. I never took it out of the box. At the time I listened only to free A.M., so I just never got around to it. Then when I purchased the truck last month it came with the tuner built in and a complimentary 6 mos subscription. So, it's brand new, in the box, and it's yours. It's been sitting there for two years and it will just sit there another two if you don't accept it, so no refusals, I insist. I tried calling your house and phone tonight, but no answer, so just text me your address complete with the zip and I'll mail it out - Merry Christmas buddy.

On other fronts, get this - as I mentioned some time back my wife had her purse stolen (side note here, since reconciliation we have not officially "re" tied the marital knot, which means when we do sometime in the future, you guys will get to be in my wedding - neat huh?). At any rate, out of no where Good Will calls up and says they have a policy of confirming (when there's ID still within the item) that all wallets and purses were given for charity voluntarily. Well, they had Ang's Coach purse, with her cell phone and wallet inside (no cash or credit cards I'm afraid), and she has it back. Apparently the thief grabbed the cash & cards and tossed it into a Good Will donor bin in that same shopping center. Needless to say she was quite happy.

Finally, in the spirit of the birth of our Savior (even though certain people question whether I'm even Christian, or Mormon as it was explained), I found this bit of research interesting. I don't have the specific web address, but a Google and 5 minutes worth of digging would yield the report. It seems that a British research company has uncovered that breast cancer rates in women grow higher when an abortion has been preformed at some point in their life. Now, before anyone (not in this group, we are all very pro-life here) claims this coincidental, consider this - where do you suppose the lowest rate of breast cancer in all the British Isles exists? If you said Ireland, you're correct. Now, what other "rate" do you suppose is the lowest in our ancestral land? That's right - abortion. It may even still be illegal, but I'm not sure. And why do I suspect that if the opposite had been found true - that there was a real health benefit gained from abortion - that every mainstream talking head on television would have the report leading their broadcast?

One other bit that tweaked my interest. Good ol' Ollie North has a program on FOX entitled War Stories, as you probably know. He did one titled Hollywood Goes to War. Do you know who the highest ranking movie actor of all time was, outside of Ronald "The Great" Reagan? He gets it by default as CIC, but outside of that ...... Jimmy Stewart. At wars end he held the rank of Colonel but he remained active in the Air Force Reserves and retired as a Brigadier General. How far that Hollywood star has fallen since the likes of men like him goes without saying.

Alright, hope all the kids wake up beaming on the 25th !!

FR

1 comment:

Titus said...

Okay, my friend... I won't refuse.

Address is in your inbox. Check it a bit more often, okay?