Friday, April 29, 2011

Guilty...

I have fallen victim to the Royal Wedding... watching it almost non-stop all morning. It is fascinating watching a process that hasn't change in any substantial manner in nearly four hundred years, and in a place that has seen nearly every royal wedding since William Rufus.

I remember watching Charles and Di's wedding, and thinking that I would live to see that man ascend the throne... and now, thirty years later, watching another and thinking the same thing. Both Liz and I are convinced that Charles will not take the throne, and that William will become the first Monarch since Queen Anne to claim descent from the Royal House of Stewart (Diana was descended from Charles I and Charles II through her Spencer family line), as well as the Royal House of Windsor.

It's amazing what you can learn watching a wedding, isn't it?

No comments: