Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I haven't forgotten, you know...

Aug 29, 2005... Aug 29, 2012

As much as I am experiencing the PTSD triggers of watching Isaac barrel down on the Gulf Coast in almost the same path and on the same date as Katrina, I can't imagine what that must be like for the ones still in MS.

By all I've read and seen (and Mike Reader and the Sun Herald have been all over my 'puter since the weekend), the worst is past and the damage should seem pretty light compared to 2005.  Outages seem pretty spread out, and the timeline for power restoration for those few hundred homes seems to be measured in hours rather than days.

Still, the worst must be knowing that you'll be back to work in as little as a single shift... I'd want at least a two-day break.  That's just me, though.

No comments: