Wednesday, August 8, 2012

No Mas

Well... it happened. The last straw. The final act. The Rubicon crossed. After all the efforts at mostly cosmetic upgrades to "Chateau Apocalypse" here at deep station 4 in the wooded zombie refuge, we discovered the entire structure is laden with  black mold. Walls and floors. Add to this the recent detection of a semi-regular gas smell that coincides with a slight drop in the propane tank's meter (which gets no usage during summer). The little lady and I have simply decided this place is beyond our pay grade to repair. That and I have this silly little aversion to inhaling toxic floating fungus until I'm consumed in a fiery death ball of fury. Silly, I know. The result is simple - we're moving up our time frame. The graduate degree I want is exclusively offered at the Gulf Park Campus of USM (on the Coast). We had planned to move there in roughly 18 mos after I wrapped up my undergrad at the main campus in Hatteisburg. We're going now. As in by the end of August "now."

Jambo, this is where you can help a bit, if you don't mind. I have the money to get a place, but I need real bang for my buck. I don't know what your schedule is, but we're driving down Friday after the kids get out of school. We'll be there through Sunday afternoon-ish, at an aunt's house. However, I've made it clear I intend on - assuming you're off - heading to your place either Friday or Saturday night to crack a few back. I'm simply hoping by luck of the schedule that you're off and don't already have plans.

The "help" I refer to is any lead, any contact, or even grabbing a coast apartment guide from the gas station would be much appreciated (anything from Ocean Springs to Bay St. Louis). Even if this weekend's no good for you, anything you (or your better half)  know of in terms of a good deal on a house or apartment rental would be welcomed. I'll go down to the main house and ring you tomorrow, make sure you have my yahoo email and a good phone number for me.

Now you may be asking yourself, "why not just text/call tonight, rather than post this on a public forum?" All I can say is, there are no phones in the Apocalypse.

No comments: