Monday, November 19, 2007

Ahem...

I hesitate to post this... my Liz is constantly harping about how my trivia fetish keeps setting of her Nerd-o-meter.

None the less, I choose to embrace my true self, and admit that I frigging LOVE kicking the bejesus out of dozens of my under-educated and un-read fellow men at a time!

Last night, I had two hours at the end of the shift with NOTHING to do. The computer system at work tends to filter out the most interesting sites, so I am limited to Wikipedia and a few of the major news sites for reading at work. However, I did find a trivia site...

FunTrivia

Check it out. You can sort the quizzes by category, and with very little effort, you can find tests that are truly challenging! I took a Tolkien test last night that rung my head for 30 minutes! Fantastic! The nerd that put that together was a peer of anything I could hope to be...

Literature, history, sci-fi, TV era, 70's and 80's music, movie, religion (James MUST take the Catholic tests... not all are as good as others, but some are damn challenging... as good as the paper ones we took at the Cathedral before the storm!)

It's free, it ISN'T mindless, and it can be (I guess) interactive and even team-oriented (imagine that! A group of 12 like the four of us? We'd OWN that competition!).

Check it out if you're bored or unchallenged after a mind-numbing evening on a $5 snapper game doing 40 on and 40 off.

3 comments:

Baddboy said...

Sounds like alot of fun, but you forgot to put the name of the site LOL. Since I have your attention check this out when you get a chance, you'll fall out of your chair laughing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c41382766b

Titus said...

It's a link... the site is called FunTrivia, and if you click on it, it takes you to the site.

I'm checking out your site now...

Daydream believer said...

Lies. I never said that. Nonetheless I am going to bookmark that site under "dork-fodder"

:)