Saturday, November 10, 2007

Baddboy says, "What did he just say?!?"

You guys should be ashamed of yourself, only one post this month? What is there nothing going on other than Caesars getting stupid and going union. Time to start a shit storm of huge proportion.

I never thought I would here myself try and help the cutting of the defense budget but I was watching the Army/Rutgers bloodbath at work last night and it came to me that we have one too many military academies. If the Naval Academy can train Marine Corps officers why can’t West Point train Air Force officers? In a military that is completely reliant on combined arms and combined command why is it that we aren’t combined training our officers?

I am in no way shape or form attempting to say we should fold the Air force back into the Army, that would be a major mistake if for nothing else acquisition of new gear for the Air Force would suffer immeasurably. What I am saying is that we should be training our future officers together in a like minded fashion with similar leadership doctrine. The Air Force would argue this but they no longer teach leadership, they do teach management and call it leadership but as most of us know they are two different things. I’m not even sure how much money it would save to shut down the Air Force Academy and move the students and curriculum to New York but it would definitely help with training for sure. The Army and Air Force would still recruit their own cadets but they would train and learn together as a single entity until graduation.

I say move Air Force cadets to West Point only from a historical perspective. I wouldn’t even dream of knowing how much would have to change at USMA to be able to support that many new students or if they even have the real estate to be able to do it but it would seem to me that since the AFA has only been around since the 1960’s that they would be the ones to close their doors.

Well lets see where this one goes

Baddboy

No comments: