Friday, April 6, 2012

Romney's "spin masters"...

Romney's appearance in NEPA yesterday has really opened my eyes.

First of all, there is almost no coverage of it nationally.  Yes, his 15-minute speech was less-than-spectacular, and no, there really isn't much to stand him in front of around here that makes for great photos or videos... but come on.  He's the GOP front-runner, and I'd have thought any coverage for our small community would be better than nothing at all.

Secondly, I'm amazed at the numbers quoted.  The few articles that covered the event say he spoke in front of a crowd of hundreds... but unless they were counting every car that drove past the parking lot he was using, I don't see it at all.  I drove by the event not 10 minutes after it was slated to begin and there weren't more than 30 people there at all.  I'm forced to assume that the remaining balance of "hundreds" was made up of employees of the host company that provided the parking lot for Romney's stage.

Thirdly... no Q&A at all.  I can't stress how utterly frustrating it is that when an opportunity for someone with a real conservative agenda (or as close to that as Mitt can get) to sell his views to the common man by putting his views side-by-side with those of the Left, that opportunity is ignored time and time again.

He might end up getting my vote in November, but I can assure you, it will only be by default.

No comments: