Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Call of Duty Black Ops "who?"

So I purchased my sons each their own copy of the new Call of Duty game, Black Ops II. We did the midnight release, the whole 9 yards. Something interesting... the game's campaign storyline is set in the year 2025, and guess who's the Secretary of Defense (identified by name and likeness) in the not too distant fictionalized future? If you said David Patraeus, you win the kinky officer award.

I like Patraeus. I think the PhD holding, author of the military anti-terrorism manual (literally the author), former commander of the Airborne, Uday and Qusay Heussein killing, architect of the surge, former CentCom commander, former 4-star general, and now former CIA director is the natural Sec-Def choice, fiction or non fiction. So despite his sex scandal I have no problem with him playing the role of "good guy" in my sons' video game. However, what I find utterly unbearable is that Patraeus' most prominent few minutes in the game depicts him accepting custody of a terrorist on board an aircraft carrier... the "USS Barack Obama."

UGHHHHHHH!

No comments: