Thursday, November 8, 2012

Images my wife likes...

Liz seems to be developing a rather nostalgic appreciation for JFK.  She's "liked" and posted these images on her Facebook page.



Again, I ask... How many Democrats today would listen to the words of JFK, without knowing their source, and accept them as the "platform" of the DNC in the modern era?  How many liberals would read or hear read Kennedy's Inaugural Address and think it was something they could embrace today as representative of the Democratic Party's goals?

I'm constantly asked by my wife how I can still consider myself "Democrat"?  Truth is, I can't.  That's why I haven't been able to vote for a Democratic candidate since 2000... and why I firmly believe that someone standing up today and saying the same things Kennedy said in 1960 would NEVER even be considered for the Democratic nomination... more likely, he'd become a Republican and win a ticket.

No comments: