Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here it is...

INS sample citizenship test. From Ryan's favorite source, too... hehe...

...and its pretty lame. I got only one wrong (because I have never had to fill out an application for naturalization (Form N-400) from the INS) out of twenty.

There are quite a few tests out there, and maybe we can make them a bit more challenging... but I still feel language shouldn't be one of the requirements outside of completing the test and application process. Let's leave that for another time, though...

I guess the point I wanted to make with this thread was to discuss what the government's role should or shouldn't be. I simply don't think that assimilation is within the parameters of the government's defined powers, and giving them MORE authority over our or anyone else's lives can't possibly be a good thing, can it? Our government was meant to provide a fair and level playing field for ALL Americans to work towards their individual success and prosperity... not to take prospective or newly-made citizens and shape them into something they may or may not want to be based on pretty arbitrary assumptions by either the Government itself or the current population (neither of which is in any sort of position to make such determinations, in my opinion).

No comments: