Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm due...

With the two women of this house all "sinc'ed up" when it comes to their menstral cycles, I'm REALLY looking forward to the planned trip to our local pub this week. Mick is flying in his brother from Dublin, and we are taking a night to go to... you guessed it... the Banshee for pints, punts and palavers. I haven't had a drink since Thanksgiving, and I'm due for a rock-solid drunk. If we don't go to the Banshee, we'll be at the Boathouse (a lot closer, but no Guinness) just 6 miles down the road.

I'm also holding my breath that Mick convinced his younger sibling (his name is Noel) to bring a few bottles of Paddy's duty-free from Ireland... no finer whiskey is to be had, in my opinion. That should make the Christmas Eve dinner we are planning to host here at the house a LOT easier on me...

Mick made me promise to tell you guys that we'd "raise a glass" to all of you (Leona too!) so you won't feel left out of the fun. Just don't forget to do the same for us if there is any celebrating to be done in your futures this week, okay?

No comments: