Monday, February 22, 2010

"I back Bach!"

This is my Ike take off for Representative Michelle Bachmann (R) MN for PRESIDENT. She isn't running, but I'm drafting her to my fantasy league nonetheless

If you follow this link ACU , it will take you to the American Conservative Union's page covering the 2010 CPAC (cpac being the ACU's annual conference). If you want a "feel" for where the conservative agenda is, the struggle between the Tea Party acolytes and the old guard of the GOP, and just flat out be inspired by seeing there are actually elected officials and public faces that "get it", then this site is a must. It lists access to all of the speeches this year, 2 of which I would heavily emphasize - Bachmann's & Beck's (and as an honorable mention, Mike Pence of Indiana (whom quipped on being the "party of no" - 'No' is very underrated in this town).

Now, it certainly isn't because of this one speech that I'm backing Bacmann. I've been tracking her as she pops up on the national scene for over a year now. She is a fearless, rock solid constitutionalist. And has earned the singular distinction of Nancy Pelosi's top target for defeat in 2010. And although this election cycle promises to be heavily favorable for the out Party, in Minnesota being a conservative, a real conservative, means your reelection is never fait accompli.

At any rate, check it out if you have the time, or even if you don't. I was all set to "text" this entire spiel, but have been as of late encouraged to address as many rants as is possible here. To be honest I'm just glad to get confirmation that each of my cellular messages are actually read, for I wouldn't know this by the response ... *ahem.*

And by the way, I'll address this Keynesian dust up soon enough ...

2 comments:

El Casa Grande said...

I like Bachmann. She had a couple of missteps early on but has learned to phrase her opinions a little more carefully.

The DFL has run at her pretty hard since her election and, as you pointed out, her reelection is far from a sure thing.

However, she does speak her mind and stands by what she says. Her reelection bid is one the Democrats will put a lot of time, effort and resources into thwarting.

Titus said...

I noticed her "missteps" as well, and while I don't think they detract from her message, they certainly highlight the purposes that teleprompters and production aids were designed to fill.

I know my mother hates this woman, possibly more than she hates Pawlenty, and that there is conisderable momentum behind the campaigns of the DFL to beat her out in places like Minneapolis and St Paul. Whether that momentum translates out to her 6th District is something we'll have to see.