Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fixed

Word to the wise... if your current anti-virus software doesn't protect against "malware" attacks, get yourself something that does.

My wonderful wife Liz managed to clean up my machine and remove the "security alert" attack that was crippling my computer, and it took her the better part of two days. This thing was insidious, I'm telling you! It wouldn't let anything else run, and kept blocking each and every operation due to "infected files" that it was creating itself. It was constantly asking for credit card information to update non-existant protection, and every time you canceled the requesting window, another popped up.

So, like I said... get the malware protection or get yourself a Liz. The malware is cheaper, but no where near as funny to watch clean in the morning.

2 comments:

El Casa Grande said...

The Liz may cost more but you get what you pay for.

Titus said...

LOL... very true! I guess the point I was making was none of the other guys on this site can afford their own Liz! Hehe.

She is worth the effort, though... a real peach!