Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How's this for big news?

I'm not 100% sure on this topic, but I have to share what I have so far...

The SEALs that went in and got OBL are the operational assetts of SEAL Team Six. In 2003, I met the XO for SEAL Team Six at the Break Room Too in Ocean Springs, MS. He is the son of our old Table Games VP... Jim P. !!!

How fantastic is that!

I don't know the man personally, of course. Just met him at the bar with his father and friends (Beau, Di, a couple of the old Paradise Island refugees), but we had a good laugh and quite a few drinks. It was the night Baby Beau and I did the SNL routine about "Who would win? Ditka or God?" Needless to say, I don't know that the man is still with SEAL Team Six... or if he is even still in the service. He was very nearly my age, and while I'm not "over-the-hill"... I'm old enough to know I'm not young anymore.

Just thought I'd share that bit of "its-a-small-world" trivia with all of you...

No comments: