Wednesday, May 4, 2011

If I had a dime...

for every goofy comment box or picture plastered on Facebook or chain e mails, I'd be able to take the summer off at the VERY least. From the Statue of Liberty holding Osama's head up instead of the torch to the FB chat box with Osama's pic and user name saying "BRB someone at the door" (priceless, by the way and my personal favorite) the Internet is loaded with them. You need to Youtube the Naval Academy's celebration... Another priceless picture.

Do I have a problem with the celebrations? No.

What I do have a problem with is Pakistan.

Can someone please tell me how this guy was living comfortably in civilization in a suburb of the CAPITAL of Pakistan and no one there knew? Do we believe there wasn't tacit approval of his presence? Of support for his hiding?

I'm sure in the last 72 hours this has been torn apart by every talking head with mass media access so I won't vent large. If anyone has benefited from the War on Terror, it has been the nation of Pakistan. Has any other government received MORE aid from us since 9/11? (Iraq and Afghanistan not included, since we toppled both governments) Now that Osama is keeping Davey Jones company and we as a nation are becoming way more fiscally wary, Pakistan has to be expecting the spigot to start closing.

Al-Quieda long ago morphed into an organization devoid of central command and leadership, but NOW it truly becomes a nest of cockroaches that need to be stamped out wherever they crawl from.

No comments: