Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I can't let this one go...

Through some fluke of fate, I'm able to hear the President's speech today about all of us "victims" of Superstorm Sandy.  Oh, Fate... how you hate me.

First he talks about how he intends to "cut" all the red tape and hassle that surrounds the aid, assistance and recovery efforts that have hampered past victims (again, presumably ME, since I was a Katrina refugee, too) whenever the Government has tried to fix what was wrong... something I am ALL IN FAVOR OF, and specifically why I am voting for the OTHER GUY.

Then he turns my stomach... literally, makes me ill... with the comment "We won't leave anyone behind!"

What about J. Christopher Stevens, US Ambassador (deceased)?  Or Sean Smith, Officer with the US Foreign Service (deceased)?  Or Glen Doherty, USN (deceased)?  Or Tyrone S. Woods, USN (deceased)?  Can you explain to their children, families and friends how THEY weren't left behind either?  Why THEIR well being and safety was less important than mine, or my neighbors, here at home?

The level of hypocrisy is almost amazing... and the ignorant manner in which it is brushed aside by the liberal supporters of the man truly are amazing.  To use a promise made to every American service man and woman that has ever put themselves between harm and home... a promise he wouldn't or couldn't bring himself to keep... to make some cheap political points at MY expense, simply because I was somehow effected by this storm, along with 8.9 million other people?  Those are some balls, Mr. President!  Balls as big as church bells.

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

Rarely do I read a post in which half way through my mouth is left gaping in astonishment ... my gosh. I did not hear this speech. That is just unbelievable. Good post, great catch. Simply STUNNING.