Monday, October 29, 2012

On Sandy...

I can't seem to get away from these damn hurricanes, can I?

They have already declared a State of Emergency in both PA and NJ, the county I live in is crawling with power crews and Asplundh trucks, school has been closed for at least the next two days (really not good news)... but I'm still going to work.

Liz has stocked up on more stuff than I would have thought needed in five hurricanes.  The lamps are full, the batteries charged, the coolers packed, the propane ready to burn, loose items and toys in the yard secured.

All I worry about is an extended time without power.  Even PPL (the largest power provider in PA) is telling everyone via text messages and emails that they should be prepared to live 3 to 5 days with no power, and for as much as a week with interrupted power.  Is that PPL being cautious and covering their collective butts, or is it a harbinger of what is to come?

Man, I'm tired of hurricanes.

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

Odd as this may initially sound, your wife and children will be the chief beneficiary of your Katrina experiences. How many of your neighbors went through that? I'd wager zero. You're Noah compared to the rest of NEPA's residents. If it gets too bad though, get me word and I'll UPS ya' some Guiness, beef jerky and the latest NFL scores... what else could a man possibly need to weather hell or high water?