Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lets not go too far here...

On me or Romney.

Dude... what happened to running on principles? Holding Obama's feet to the fire? You have said, time and again, that the GOP candidate (whomever it is) should NEVER pander to the middle... always go to the base. Your reasoning was always that it was what worked for Reagan, we can do no better.

On me... I didn't endorse Romney's strategy of last night. I was clear about that. I don't like this stuff. I was clear about that. Reread my post, I wasn't happy. I simply acknowledged that this was a purposeful strategy that may work to capture the few mushy middle undecided voters still left. That's all - it was on purpose and may work. But I don't like the strategy of smothering with hugs just so the middle doesn't think you're "mean", especially when your opposition was caught dead to rights lying about the assassination of an ambassador. I prefer drawing clear and definite contrasts the way I feel Romney did on economic policy and the way Reagan did on every policy. That, I feel, is the more effective tact, but Romney's not paying me $900 an hour to advise him... maybe he should.

Now, on Romney... overall I'm not nearly as pessimistic as you. I don't think that our "only hope" is the electorate realizing Obama is now making excuses for, rather than defending, his record. I think Romney has prosecuted the economic issue well and that this election will turn on whom the nation feels will be better on the economy (from gas prices to jobs).

In fact, here's my prediction - Romney wins in 2012 by more than Obama won by in 2008, in spite of giving an absolutely corrupt, historical-revisionist, self-loathing American, radical apologist a pass on foreign policy.

No comments: