Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm pissed off...

My computer has contracted one of those viruses that mask themselves as a security alert and are a major pain in the ass to remove. The virus disables all other anti-virus software and make the computer inoperable until such time as it is completely removed.

Let me put my current frame of mind in terms that anyone can understand. Were I to have the person or persons responsible for this kind of computer virus in front of me now, and I were handed a firearm and given the opportunity to execute those individuals, I would not hesitate for a second. No remorse, no guilt. That kind of random vandalism is every bit as malicious and hateful as child abuse or drug dealing or terrorism, in my opinion. I would gladly pull that trigger until all those responsible were dead or every round of ammunition available to me was expended... which ever came first.

In a world were so much of our society is based on-line and is conducted electronically, this kind of malicious activity should be prosecuted as nothing less than TERRORISM, with no regard to intent or context of action. If someone is creating these sorts of programs KNOWING they do nothing but interrupt routine operations, then they are committing a crime by their actions and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... just as you would for someone robbing a bank or hijacking a plane or bus. It should be prosecuted at least as vigorously as crimes involving the trafficking of illegal drugs to unknowing children.

Anyway, rant over... but I WOULD pull that trigger, I swear it. I'd pull it and smile.

No comments: