Friday, January 27, 2012

Holy Shatner!

Ok, ok. After much thought, debate, and soul searching I am willing to admit you have convinced me ... he's a fascist AND a Marxist.

Happy?

In college I took many a history course. And I soon realized that were I to ask 6 different professors the definition for terms like fascism; totalitarianism; despotism: communism; and Marxism, that I would get six different definitions. And each had different perspectives on what monsters from history qualified as a poster boy for each. Finally, I read a quote from a renowned professor (not one of mine) that summed up the state of these labels, for me (in this case he was discussing fascism): "We have all agreed to use the term without having agreed what it means." I came to the simple conclusion that each of these regimes from history had an overwhelming characteristic in common - they used the apparatus of government to oppress the individual for the "good" of the collective (whether that collective was defined as the proletariat, the state itself, a race, an ethnicity, the Party, or the Revolution). The only discernible difference was the economic model they chose to embrace, and the body count. However, I'm not saying making those two distinctions isn't a worth while endeavour. And in that vein ...

I could be cute about it and point out that Reverend Wright has proudly (and often) pronounced that his "Black Liberation Theology" is rooted in Marxist doctrine. And of course the PoTUS attended this doctrine instruction for 20 years (including having the good reverend baptize his daughters). But I'll just use your definition. And first things first: "Obama does not want to see the end of the "state" in America..."

Yes he does.

He's said as much. The entire premise of this nation, of American exceptionalism, is the idea that the rights of the individual trump those of the collective, because those rights are handed down from God, not man. It is what has made us special. It's why we have progressed the state of man more in the last 235 years than the previous 5,000 combined. Obama has plainly, blatantly announced over and over that he seeks to reverse this. From his musing on collective salvation (his depending on his neighbors and the nation as a whole), to wealth redistribution via ObamaCare, to Joe the Plumber, the man sees justice in putting the collective's good above the liberty of the individual. What do you think all his "fundemental transformation of America" talk was about? Shovel-ready jobs? Hence I think it plausible for me to posit that he does want to destroy this state, as founded. And "as founded" is the only caveat I will offer.

"A Marxist, by definition, believes that the State exists to exploit the masses, and that the evolution of society will bring the end of capitalism and usher in a classes utopia wherein there is no "state"... only the body politic of the proletarian people."

Yeah, and?

This IS Barack Obama. He feels that salvation (this is my interpretation), that salvation is possible in THIS life. That the "utopia" is achievable here, on earth. If only the right policies, administrators, and "fair" playing fields were to be implemented then we can do better than capitalism, free markets, and nationhood. You may not be convinced that an American president feels that way, you may not want to believe it (at least not as strongly as I do), but there has been ample clues, ample windows into his soul, his influences, fleeting moments of honesty, which certainly, at the very least, raise the question. So you can NOT tell me you aren't at least suspicious that this is what we have in the Oval Office.

So in short, I am satisfied that President Obama meets the label of "Marxist" as defined by that champion for gay rights, that Pink Warrior, His Royal Highness King Sweet Meat, the Rainbow Rasputin, the Caesar Pleezer, His Excellency of Spain Emperor Firmmaninhand ... Titus G. Puffn'Stuff!

Don't worry brother, I still love ya.' I'm straight ... not narrow.

No comments: