Thursday, June 26, 2008

Straight talk from Gay's Hardware ...

Forget the concession for now ... although I reserve the right to bring it up at our next "under the stars" encounter, whether that be Tunkhannock, Las Vegas or Biloxi ...

I just want to stipulate for the (or rather our) record that I found that last post Titus, as intellectually honest as I have ever read you write (not as a singular event of course); and so "from the gut" as to border on eloquent. I KNOW as a close, personal friend that it gives you no comfort (especially in terms of Catholicism) to admit those personal observations regarding a state's application of the death penalty, nor personal preferences regarding the fate of the afore mentioned offender. You could of simply wrote, "see, this is why the state shouldn't employ the death penalty at all", and hid (and I mean that literally as a matter of legitimate subscribed belief rather then as an argumental escape) behind your faith's stance, but you didn't. You were simply honest, and in an unassuming way ... perhaps despite, or because, of your well grounded faith-based education.

And for that I applaud you.

No comments: