Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Even Allen Colmes...

I had one really scary night tonight…

You see, I was sitting in the office at work trying to hammer out two weeks of schedule in a department that can’t keep a full staff (not an easy job), and to keep myself awake, I was listening to Fox Radio on an internet broadcast.

It was Allen Colmes doing his show. Now, while I don’t agree with everything that comes out of Colmes’ mouth, he is one of the FEW "left"-leaning radio hosts that offers a clear and clean counter to shows like Hannity, Limbaugh and Ingrahm (who may not even be on anymore).

While I know that any radio personality is an entertainer first and a reporter/commentator second, Colmes is pretty straight forward in his approach. The only name I can come up with that is remotely close to his style (and I am NOT a big talk-radio fan anymore… just don’t have the opportunity) would be Jim Bohannon.

Anyway… I know Colmes is anti-Bush, and more importantly anti-Iraqi War. But has anyone listened to his crap about Iran? I hadn’t, until tonight… and I am shocked.

He made a 10 or 12 minute segment about how Iran has never, in all of its modern history, ever attacked another country. Never! He stated clearly and unequivocally that Iran had never threatened the United States, or any other nation, and that neither Ahmad (the Pres.) nor the Ayatollah had ever threatened Israel… NEVER!

The man is a nationally recognized news commentator on one of the most popular cable networks… and he is spewing the very HEART of revisionism from one end of his show to the other. How is this possible?

More importantly, how is it possible that his on-air partner, Mr. Hannity, allows this kind of CRAP to go unquestioned? Were this Franken, or any other liberal radio smacker, he’d be all over the airwaves screaming "Treason!" and "Liar" and "Anti-American!" like Joe McCarthy reborn.

I can’t get over this show I just heard…

Wow.

No comments: