Thursday, October 11, 2007

Head Rush ...

Oh my-lanta. You are COMPLETELY confusing the two "controversies" in your bullet points and pulling what I said about the "suicide bomber" Vote Vet.org veteran Brian McGough and claiming that it was a statement about the "phony soldiers" incident several days before.

1) Ryan writes: “In fact he was describing one soldier in one specific instance…” This is patently NOT TRUE. The transcript I have of the call-in to his show is as follows:
Caller (Mike): "What's really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue ...

"Limbaugh: "The phony soldiers."

I wrote that quote above - "in fact he was describing one soldier in one specific instance" - on October 10th, regarding the vote vet.org guy McGough - when Rush was in fact referencing ONE soldier. I never wrote that sentence, that you have pasted above, in regards to the "phony soldiers" controversy, that included more than one man, as you have made it seem. It's a blatant falsehood. Here is the exact sentence you pulled that from ...
1.) You claimed that Rush was referring to "anti-war and anti-Bush vets and soldiers." In fact he was describing one soldier in one specific instance (and mind you not in the way you ascribe) so I will expect your retraction of that assertion, that he was referring to these vets or any "group" of vets in general, post haste. - 10/10/07

That was written by me 10/10/07 as I noted above. It was referring to the "strap these lies onto his belt and send him into as many people as possible via the media" quote that Rush made that had everybody claiming he called McGough a "suicide bomber." Which he never did. I NEVER wrote that sentence regarding the "phony soldiers" controversy. I wrote it, referring to the so-called "suicide bomber" quote, because you claimed he was referencing more than that one vet - McGough - when you said he held contempt for McGough and his "assosciates" at Vote Vet.Org. He never mentioned the associates, it was only about McGough - one soldier. And had he mentioned them, I am sure he would have described them as heroic and valiant, just as he did McGough!


The post about phony soldiers was written on October 2nd entitled "A Phony Party." In that post I wrote the following:

He further went on to describe any person who would fake combat veteran status as a "phony soldier." WHICH THEY ARE! The Army and Navy Times have printed articles in which they describe this scenario as spreading so fast that the US Congress is in the midst of passing new legislation to deal with it. At least 7 people In Virginia are under indictment now for defrauding the Veterans Administration -10/2/07

And in that I featured the phony vet Jesse MacBeth as an example of whom Rush was discussing. The plural "soldiers" was applicable by Rush and both he and I noted why - he on his show, and I above.

So as you can see you pulled my quote about McGough and the so-called suicide bomber controversy and cut/pasted it to make it look as if I was talking about the phony soldiers comment when "Mike" called in. I'll assume you did this in error and their was no purposeful deception intended. Either way, a retraction is owed to me IMMEDIATELY.

Another point ...

2) Ryan writes: “(Rush) did not make a metaphorical analogy and was in fact making a literal comparison."

I will admit that the passage you were quoting of my post was, in fact, erroneous in its facts… and I retract the “Rush” part without hesitation. Why the “Rush” part?Because I was mistaken in attributing the “suicide bomber” quip to Rush… it was Bill Bennet making that nice little comment

You’re so busy trying to catch me in a screw up… how did you miss the fact that Rush never said those words (suicide bomber) in the first place? Dumb ass…

Are you drunk? That quote of mine you have above was NEVER written by me!! Foul. I cry foul!!! You have created this out of whole cloth! On October 10th, the one and only time I ever addressed the "suicide bomber" controversy I wrote the following describing how Rush NEVER uttered the words "suicide bomber" and in fact I invited YOU to show me where he did! Here it in it's entirety:

2.) You wrote, "I have read the transcript and to say he was simply making an analogy is flat out untrue." Really? So if not an analogy then you are asserting he made a literal description or comparison in his statement. Where? Where did he literally call the "soldiers", which we now have established was in fact ONE soldier, a quote suicide bomber? How about saying (literally mind you since the claim of an analogy according to you is "flat untrue") that their actions were equivalent to "blowing yourself up in a crowded street." I mean if you have completely dismissed the possibility of a metaphorical analogy then surely you are able to back that up by pointing to the only thing left - a literal comparison in which he uses the words blowing yourself up in a crowded street. Hmmmm, not there is it?

I don't know where the hell you got that quote (the #2 above) but I didn't write it! This is treading dangerously close to a serious Bund ethical violation - on TWO counts. I mean really Titus, look this shit up - you are either guilty of a gross and purposeful misrepresentation or you're out of your gord. Who's the dumb ass now????

Again ...

3) The “transcript” I am stating that I read… in its entirety… is of the program that had the caller identified as “Mike” in which Rush used the term “phony soldiers” and started the whole circus.

Well, that's NOT what you wrote in the 10/7/07 post titled "Limbaugh ... Again." Here it is:

But referring to a decorated veteran of the Iraq war who voiced open resentment about Rush's comments and questions the actions and policy of the Administration as a "metaphorical" suicide bomber is going to be tough to talk away.I have read the entire transcript, and to simply say he was making an analogy is flat out untrue... he was comparing the actions of anti-war and anti-Bush vets and soldiers as tantamount to the actions of "strapping explosives to your belt" and blowing yourself up in a crowded street.


So now you claim you didn't read it! You are SERIOUSLY confusing the two issues. And I know you feel you have better things to do then discuss Rush, we all do, but this is MY honor here, my rep on the line, and you are seriously ass backwards on this whole thing.

Again,

Thus, the word “hero” never occurred in the program that I read. Referring to opposition (politically speaking) service men and women as “hero” four days after the gas hit’s the flame isn’t respect and honor… its damage control.

Mother !#!%&&*!. The HERO comment he made and that I referred to was in regards to the "suicide bomber" controversy. In the second and completely seperate "controversy", which was a seperate and completely different show, he said "they strapped these lies to his belt ...", resulting in the so-called "suicide bomber" controversy. In THAT show he referred to that "strapped" veteran, McGough, as a "hero" and "valiant." Thus I said he showed McGough "respect" rather than disdain. The word "hero" was not said 4 days later as part of damage control covering the Sept. 26th "phony soldiers" incident! GET IT TOGETHER MAN!!

This does not negate the fact that Rush did not speak of MacBeth or his ilk in the program of Sept 26 PRIOR to the “phony soldiers” comment, and didn’t mention it after until more than 3 minutes had gone by and (undoubtedly) his behind-the-scenes staffers might have thought that addressing the point further might be a good idea.

And now you have crossed into guessing what Rush's staff did behind the scenes. Isn't it JUST AS POSSIBLE - since we're guessing here - that he had the MacBeth stuff accumulated prior to his show, that he had knowledge of and had heard of MacBeth and that the libs were parading him around as an anti-war vet PRIOR to his show, so that when the caller "Mike" conversation occurred he had MacBeth on his brain when the phrase phony soldier was uttered? And decided to segway into a few minutes later to MacBeth with his already prepared research? YES, of course that's possible. The difference between our two theories is that you seem to have some mystical power which has allowed you to look into the past, into the EIB studio on that date, and confirm yours.

And by the way, I didn't read nor have I ever heard of the gentlemen you said had a column with the same title as mine (Rush To Judgment), and after this cluster-f*** of a post you made today don't you dare accuse me of plagiarism. Yeah that's right - I immeidately ran to some Idaho rag and ripped this guy off - yeah right. I do funny well, but not clever huh? Well, let me tell you something I find VERY funny - this entire post of yours. It's freaking hillarious. You confused the two controversies, cut and pasted quotes I never made, said first you read the entire "suicide bomber" show transcript and then said it was the other one you read. Look, you knock Rush for being tatstless all you want, I'm not arguing that, I was just trying to set the record straight in response to Harry Reid and you. Clearly it was neccessary. I was half joking when I wrote that you're at your most vulnerable when you're discussing Rush - well the other 50% just fell into place and really pissed me off in the proccess. You wanna fight - then fight fair - don't credit me with quotes I never made in order to make it "look" like you were right. Reread all the posts on these two controversies of Rush's - in chronological order - and you'll see that I am absolutely accurate in what I have written here today, and that you have gone bat shit! This ain't about Rush anymore, this is about your false accusations directed at me, and your inability to keep the two controversies seperate.

Take your Alzheimer's med and try again old man.
FR

1 comment:

Titus said...

I’m not going to discuss this anymore… I hate Rush, you think the sun shines out of his ass… what is the point?

I am only going to make one more comment, to clear my name of your “cry foul” point.

The quote you claim you never wrote is still to be found within the last sentence of the #2 item in your “Rush to Judgment” post of Oct 10. I cut it out right from the site, and only changed “he” to (Rush) for ease of understanding (a lot of good THAT did!).

You posted it. I cut it.

T