Thursday, August 28, 2008

I hear you, guys...

Knowing that I am 1,200 miles from the Coast, even I am glued to the TV/computer watching the projections roll by.

Like Baddboy, I think I could handle the storm itself. Even the 12 hours that Katrina sat on the Coast was almost bearable compared to the two weeks immediately following the storm. I recall trying to sleep in 98 degree temps on a wet, stinking mattress that first night after the storm (after being up more than 24 hours previously) that I would have killed for the opportunity to simply plug in a small fan... just ONE... so that I could sleep just a few hours. The heat, the stink, the humidity... and I couldn't even shower or bathe except in a bucket in the back yard. Hell, I even had to use a bucket as a toilet for the first 14 days!

Nope. I'm GLAD I'm not there.

No comments: