Monday, August 18, 2008

Touchy Subject

I have spent since January on active duty, with only active duty on 2 bases and 3 different commands and all I can tell you is that noone talks about the election openly. Those that do talk about it all support Mccain minus 2 that I know of.

The military has made a huge deal of the military being openly involved in political dealings, (while in uniform) and I haven't read the whole reg in detail but it is a doozy. While in uniform is a very broad statement to include representing yourself as a military member while involved in political issues even if you are not wearing the uniform when you are involved. This is as I understand it anyways. Usually they make a huge deal out of absentee voting and getting you registered for absentee and such and this year...NODDA. They don't want the military voting this year in my opinion.

Here is what I think and take it for what it is worth, the DOD doesn't want this to become a race issue within the ranks. That is as simple as I can put it. It is only my opinion and it's only based on personal observation and experience with the new politically correct military.

Just my 2 cents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jambo