Sunday, August 31, 2008

Now that it appears to be all clear...

...Let me tell you a thing or two about sweating a year off of a person's life worrying. I BEGGED you in '05 to come to my house. And let the record show that yes, historically speaking Titus' old house had never flooded before, the road (the ONLY ROAD) that led in or out of the sub-division you lived in flooded DURING ROUTINE AFTERNOON SHOWERS! Never mind a Cat 3 or higher.

I may add that with the two, maybe three feeder bands we've seen so far, I'll put money that road over in Ocean Springs is flooded now. And we still have 15-18 hours till landfall.

It was never my intent to stay in the apartment, but now that the worry is over and it's three hours from Labor Day, does Big Business have a responsibility to its regional workforce concerning issues like catastrophic weather or name your evacuation type concerns. It's no different than where Titus is in the event of a serious blizzard. Or is it the job of the Feds to make sure the concerns and needs of the "common person" are addressed?

No comments: