Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Funny how life works . . .

. . . Ol' Brad Pitt has a movie coming out. I viewed a brief commercial as the family made an outing to see "Wolverine" tonight. It seems that Mr. Jolie is heading up an OSS outfit to drop into occupied France, bent on "harassing" the enemy . . . although he puts it a bit more visceral, or "Hollywood" then that. And the first name that echoed in my head was a certain "Robert", and reading on Titus's Ocean Springs front porch his dutiful exploits that would make even James Bond blush (& he didn't think much of the French I might add - that always made me laugh).

Then we get home & my youngest explains to me his favorite book in my personal library: "BATTLEFIELDS AND CAMPAIGNS", a review of the major battles in human history from Alexander to Napoleon to Barbarossa to Swartzkopff (sp?). And then ... just then, a thin green booklet falls from the inside cover of this mammoth book. Its' title: "The Celebration and Blessing of a Marriage." And along with noticing the name of a striking young usher on the inside cover, I noticed the date ... May 31st 2008, 2pm. So, let me be the first to say to you & your better half Titus: Happy 1 Year Anniversary. And along with your marriage I'll note it's the week we all last shared a pint. I'll let you decide which has more significance ...

hehe .... tell her I'm KIDDING ...

... sort of.

No comments: