Tuesday, May 5, 2009

See, if you'd return my texts ...

... this wouldn't happen. I asked you if it was "Robert", asked if I had that right. And yes those mission papers were indeed what I meant. However I'm not sure how "Ray" or any special services member would feel about this movie, having just watched an extended clip online here. The title is: Ingloriuos Basterds (yes, that's how they spelled it). First, I didn't realize whose move it was - its' Tarantino's. And it is heavy on violence. And that's ok, 300 was as violent as it gets but there was some measure of honor rolled into it in a way I'm not sure a Quinton Terantino - gangster film maker - is capable of capturing. Perhaps I am wrong . . . I hope so, less Hollywood go after the final sacred object of their industry, WWII soldiers.

At any rate you can check it out, judge for yourself.

By the way - we've been in Afghanistan since 2002, Iraq 2003, with countless special forces, infantry, et al missions, anyone of which could be fertile ground for a serious war movie, but not 1, NOT 1 movie comes out of Hollywood about our men currently engaged. They support the troops but not the mission? Bullsh** . . . but all that is a well established fact here. The last war time president ( & war for that matter) they see as "worthy" of their "art" is FDR. And the last war time Republican that modern Hollywood finds worth imitation is Lincoln!

Well, at least they are doing GI JOE, coming out in June. It looks good. It would appear that to Paramount et al that the only modern soldiers worth honoring through film are fictional &/or in the future (Star Trek & the new Terminator).

{sigh}

No comments: