Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Unsubstantiated, but interesting...

So, I'm driving home last night and hear a story on the satellite radio news channel that the Humane Society of the US (HSUS) is being sued by the States of LA, MS, and AL because after Katrina, the HSUS went on a national campaign to "help" Katrina-cats and Katrina-dogs, raising as much as $35 million dollars in public donations. Seems that none of these States can find any evidence of even ONE DOLLAR of that money had been or was being spent to help regional shelters or agencies in the four years since the storm hit.

That is distrurbing in itself, but what I found even more interesting was that the Office of the AG (Mr. Holder, again) didn't feel there was any need to investigate the "problem" Federally, even though these are questions DIRECTLY linked to interstate commerce laws and Federal regulations concerning fund raising for a tax-exempt organizations.

I wonder if the HSUS donated money to the Obama campaign...

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

I've seen these commercials. Talk about adding insult to injury. If nothing else I would assume Holder & co would LOVE one more Katrina related item to dump on the Bush administration with.

And while we're at it, if the brown shirts, err ... I mean if ACORN is getting 9 figures in bailout money, I wonder if the HSUS is getting any.