Monday, May 4, 2009

A new beginning...

I liked Ryan's post... maudlin as it was.

I will say this, though, in regards to my own irregular Bund habits: There is a price to be paid for straying from your established grounds. While I find that the visits I make to other boards are interesting, and allow me to keep in practice when things are slow here... the level of debate and discussion is far too erratic and juvenile for my tastes. To put it in terms that only Jambo and I would appreciate... I couldn't go back to the days of Wealthwood Park. I just don't have it in me anymore.

I am convinced that here, at the Bund, we share a common ideology and only differ in how we see establishing that ideology in practical terms and means. Ryan holds the "ideal" of Reagan as the example of his vision for America, and stands at one end of our own, very small, political spectrum, while I see myself as standing at the other end looking for the practical, implementable "actuality" of any Presidential example we could care to examine.

In the past, I have always fought the urge to label myself a conservative, but if terms like "liberal" or "progressive" mean an automatic association with the likes of Obama/Reid/Pelosi, then call me a "conservative" all day long... please. I've already stated my inability to vote with my established Party candidates, so I suppose that an eventual "card change" is inevitable, too.

No comments: