Saturday, October 24, 2009

This is getting quite cheery ...

I'm very glad that you followed up on this. I had heard something on my periphery about the Copenhagen Treaty, but it got away from me. "This equates (in my opinion) to the US joining a new "climate-oriented" global union of states ..." An acute observation.

I have long viewed cap & trade as simply a redistribution of wealth from 1st world Western nations to the 3rd world, with the UN as the swap broker - a prospect they have long been drooling over. This treaty would have cap & trade as merely one aspect, it's C&T on steroids. This agreement also, if I remember correctly, is focused on parts per million of C02 in the atmosphere. They would have us believe that pre Industrial Revolution we were at 280 parts per million, and that we are now at 370 (although I scarcely trust numbers from 1810 - "Hey Jebodiah, after you're done with your leechin', run down and get those Co2 atmospeheric measurements, would ya?"). They project 450 by 2020, and this treaty would endeavour to restrain it at that number with others advocating rolling it back to a 350 max - all of which is utter MADNESS.

Perhaps it IS worse then even I thought ... this administration has the uncanny ability to defy me every time I utter the phrase ... "well, they won't do THAT."

No comments: