Thursday, October 29, 2009

What to expect?

No real excuse for me NOT to spend hours and hours posting on the Bund... I'm officially unemployed as of this morning.

Yes, friends, I am now part of the "vast millions" of unemployed and uninsured in this great nation. I'll be able to report first-hand the experiences and effects that not working has on a family of five in this economy.

We are also going to experience first-hand the means and requirements for getting our "share" of the "welfare state" and its entitlements. Yes sir... if Obama says I can have them, I'm going to take them. I've never received (and only asked for after Katrina) any welfare, unemployment, or assistance in my 27 years of work history... but I'm going to now.

In fact, we've already started. Liz has already processed applications for assistance for school lunch and state health care funds for the kids... and those apps took only TWO FULL DAYS to fill out and submit. I plan on sharing any and all complaints about the hurdles, hoops and heights one has to jump through/over to get these benefits... a lot.

Seriously, though... for those that actually care... I'm not without prospects, and even if nothing else happens job-wise in the next couple of months, I hold a gaming license in a State that is only days away from passing Level 3 gaming, and I am a certified table games instructor with nearly 20 years of dealing/management experience. My prospects (long term, at least) are probably pretty good.

So, let me log off for now and start tightening the belt at the Titus/Liz house... the wife is writing a long (and getting longer) list of "man-chores" that she will demand to be completed as long as I am unemployed.

No comments: