Monday, September 1, 2008

It's roughly 3:30 your time ...

.... as I write this. MAN! Am I getting goose bumps, even from afar, reliving all of this. I can only imagine Titus is ten fold given he suffered the worst of what the Old Testament threw at him this date in 05' (all that was missing was the locusts). I rode that whore named Katrina out 2 hours North of the beach, he rode it out 2 feet North of the beach (but Jambo was right Titus, you should of taken your ass AT LEAST North of Pass Rd and Jambo's steep lawn). Equally surreal is my constant self prompted updates on the storm, 2000 miles away. It occurred to me why: this is the first time in my LIFE that I've not needed to consider evacuation routes, supplies, cash on hand, etc during an approaching Gulf storm. I've lived there since I was 8 years old!

Jambo buddy, let me know where you're at after your brother and folks. The track has it looking like the Central Gulf Coast of Louisiana at a Cat 3, 50 miles or so West of New Orleans, so you should be fine anywhere North of the tracks - a brief aside for anyone whom doesn't know: the "tracks"we speak of are noticeably steep railroad tracks that cut through the Gulf Coast, and during Katrina meant the difference between life and death (save Titus) and whether you came back to just a slab or "half" of your home.

McCain popped into MS to lend his support and announce, basically, that the type of partisan politics on display at a Party convention are not permissible during a natural disaster, thus he has suspended Monday night outside of the most basic (legally binding) nominating tasks.

If you run into Geraldo tell him not to worry about Capone's safe, he'll bounce back. Otherwise, stear clear of Anderson Coopers boyfriend - Andy will be busy the next few days, leaving the lad lonely as hell ....

No comments: