Monday, September 17, 2007

Hits From The 90's, A Two Disc Collection.

Well, I departed from the Caesar's parking garage last night and headed straight for the Golden Nugget, downtown, where my beautiful significant other is currently employed. I had found myself on the bad side of an argument we were having (as if there is any other side for a man to be on) and I was bringing a rose and chocolate to the workplace, in full view of her coworkers of course - an added bonus, so as to smooth things over and resume the relationship uninhibited.

Well, the route I traversed took me past a large city building, for which I noticed there were several news trucks parked outside. ABC NEWS, FOX, MSNBC, were names I noticed emblazoned across the various vans. I then noticed that the large city building was none other than the city jail, and yes, OJ Simpson was inside.

Then it hit me ... that feeling of de ja vu all over again. You know the kind, not the warm and fuzzy tingle crawling up the back of the neck, but rather a disturbing and noticeable wave of nausea which makes the knuckles white and the rear pucker. It's 2007, and here I am staring at at a full year's worth of being inundated with an OJ Simpson trial, a Clinton running for president, and low and behold today the announcement of "Hillary Care." I feel like the man reporting on the Hindenburg as it burned ... "Oh the humanity."

Someone please tell me, what year is it again?
FR

1 comment:

Titus said...

Come on, man... get with it. Retro is in!